potency of words

Friday, May 11, 2012

what is my Destiny


At this point of time, I am struck with two contrasting feelings. Part of me waits avidly to bid farewell to this institute of learning (Sherubtse college) already. After staying almost more than two and half years out here all my excitement of being in our country’s oldest, indeed, most popular college has now turned to a dull, inward ache of confusion.

However, part of me gained such a wonderful precedents that I wish i am here for the first time as a fresh high school graduate stepping into this broader sphere of education. Never did I realize how my stay out here in this college, in fact, all these moments has passed in haste, like a smoke disappearing into a distance without being noticed. It has become quite apparent that all those moments are not going to come again in my life, never. They are now a history, a chapter in my life, and I know it cannot be overcome because it’s not a movie where we can rewind the events in my life over and over.
I am now, about to sail upon the meandering rivers beyond which lies a huge ocean filled with competition. I can’t imagine the picture of me standing alone for the first time, trying to navigate through that ocean. I don’t feel any impulse within me, convincing me of being ready to step into the real world; yet, my inner instinct often comforts me with a kind of a luck that I have had, not always but quite often.  
Beyond my small and scraggy world lies another world, encircled by huge stone walls with the only way in through the Iron Gate (RCSC exams), upon which the words “Real World” are engraved.
Even a slightest thought of it haunts me.  I really wonder where am I going to stand in that world. “what is my destiny?”

No comments:

Post a Comment